Saturday 9 January 2010

Reason No. 9094025893220 of Why I love Amanda Palmer

Today I purchased my very first record. A real record. A vinyl record. The way music should be, with it's beautiful album artwork, and it's rounded smoothness. It's heaven.

This glorious moment was triggerd by my long suffering best friend Lauren, sensing my anguish and pain since all I could find were "The Cribs" and "Editors" albums went on a little search of her own in HMV and came up trumps, thrusting "Who Killed Amanda Palmer" in her little hands. She had that look in her eyes of:

"Buy it now Kristy, it's -4,00000 outside, you've been dragging me around shops all day, I'm hungry, and if you go hmmm, I'll think about it one more time I'm going to impail you with something sharp and pointy"

I did buy it though. I wanted nothing more than my first purchase to be Amanda Palmer, it's apt. It's wonderful. I want to have her children if it were biologically possible. So, I opened the sleave and went to admire the beautiful vinyl hidden within, feeling all wonderful in doing so. Then, suddenly, a little piece of paper falls out the sleave and flutters down onto my carpet almost modestly. I pick up the little leaflet and look at it quizzically

THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING
WHO KILLED AMANDA PALMER
TO DOWNLOAD YOUR DIGITAL VERSION OF THIS ALBUM FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:


And I did. I got a free, digital version of the album (which I didn't have legally beforehand, bad me) as a present for doing the decent things and buying her record in the first place. It's reasons like that I adore Amanda Palmer, because everything she does is like a little reward for the fans, who are just doing what they're supposed to be doing in the first place. It's bizarre, but beautiful. She's a good 'un.

No comments: