Friday 25 December 2009

Bah Humbug.

I don't like Christmas.

I don't know why. I don't mope about, and I don't discourage everyone else from enjoying Christmas, but I just don't like it. Simple as that.

Christmas, to me isn't a significant day. It doesn't spark inspiration, or the need to over indulge in food or drink. I don't feel the need to tell people how I feel, nor do I understand why it's a difficult time of the year for other people. It doesn't matter if it's going to be snowy, or if it were to be blazing sunshine. I just hate bad weather anyway. Christmas number one is never something I'm excited by, only this year I was because it was the part of me screaming "ANARCHY YEEEEEAH". I enjoyed that more than I'm enjoying today.

I buy presents, and I put up the decorations, but it doesn't mean that much to me. I enjoy getting things at Christmas, but only because I think "Thank God, that means I wont have to spend my own money on make up and I can save for a flat instead".

Christmas is just another day. And this year, it's a Friday.

Christmas doesn't bother me that much though, I don't loathe it and I wont usually go off in a huge commericalisation rant unless I'm pissed off at the world. (Which is often actually.)

What does bother me about Christmas though is other people. Not even people, more thier reactions to me when I say "I don't like Christmas". I haven't preached, moped, said a word really all day. Smile, thank you so much, dead happy, this is great, going to my room now. That's the routine.

And yet I keep getting:
"What is WRONG with you?"
"What's WRONG?"

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Like there's something in me that can be scribbled out/erased/glossed over/welded together to make me better. To make me RIGHT. Because I don't like Christmas it's all WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

I don't feel wrong.
Apparently I am though.

No comments: